Wednesday, July 11, 2012

You are Here...to Unite

This evening's Scripture passage was John 17:20-23:
20I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, 21that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.


We considered that God didn't give us gifts and situations in life so that we could go it alone.  We are meant for each others.  We are meant to "be one with each other and one with God."  That's why we serve and love each other...because when we unite together, the world will see Christ's love through us.  We are better together.


We appreciate the ways in which we are serving and growing together this week in Thunder Bay.


Why do you think God made us to need other people?  What are the benefits to uniting with others?  How is God inviting you to grow deeper in community with others?